Please Note: Visitors to Fanshawe Conservation Area and Fanshawe Pioneer Village will need to use a “temporary access route” to enter the park from Clarke Road as a result of road construction to extend Veteran’s Memorial Parkway. The temporary access route is south of the main driveway of the Conservation Area on Clarke Road - white signs read Fanshawe Conservation Area. Please ensure you allow adequate time to get through the construction zone when planning your visit.
Where the Past is Present
What to Expect
Our 2020 Public Programming Season has come to an end and we are no longer open for daily visits. Please join us for one of our seasonal events as you wait for our 2021 Public Programming Season to begin on Saturday, May 22, 2021.
A visit to the Village will look a little different this year as we have made changes to the way in which our space operates to keep our visitors, volunteers, and staff safe.
Staff and volunteers may be wearing masks or gloves, we encourage you to wear them as well if possible. Masks will be required in our visitor entrance, our heritage homes, and Denfield General Store.
- Allow yourself some extra time upon arrival as we want to ensure everyone feels comfortable as they enter the Village.
- Someone in your group will be asked to provide a name and phone number for your household at our entrance to help with contact tracing if need be– this is not a requirement for admission but it will help protect our community.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the heritage village for your convenience.
Visit us to Explore and Experience
Hours of Operation
Our 2020 Public Programming Season has come to an end. We are not open for daily visits at this time. Please join us for one of our seasonal events.
- $10 for adults
- $9 for seniors
- $7 for children 4 to 16 years old
- free for children 3 and under
- All admission rates include tax.
Looking for a contactless way to visit the village? Consider purchasing an Annual Pass!
- BIG ON FUN Group Pass, 4 people, any combination: $75
- BIG ON HISTORY Single Pass, 1 person: $25
- BIG ON HISTORY Double Pass, 2 people, any combination: $45
- Each Annual Pass type comes with 2 free admissions so you can share the experience.
- Complete the Annual Pass form and return it to the village by mail or e-mail. You can also contact us at 519-457-1296.
Denfield General Store
Hours of Operation
- Closed for 2020
- Open during the Christmas Market in the Village on November 28 and 29, 2020
- Reopening May 22, 2020
To help keep everyone safe, please consider the following questions prior to your visit:
- Have you travelled outside of the province of Ontario in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has travelled outside of the province of Ontario or Canada in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone with a known or probable case of COVID-19?
- Have you been in contact with anyone experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19?
- Do you currently have symptoms of COVID-19: for example, fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or pneumonia?
Fanshawe Pioneer Village is here to serve you!
- Signs reminding people of our COVID-19 procedures will be posted throughout the Village. We ask that you help us and our community by reading and following these signs during your visit.
- During your visit stop in at the Denfield General Store and for treats, refreshments, local products, hand-made gifts, and souvenirs. Please note, the store will be limiting the number of visitors allowed in the store at a signle time and will have special instructions to ensure a safe experience.
- The Pioneer Village Cafe will not be open this year.
- Modern washrooms are available in the Heritage Village located behind the Pioneer Village Cafe. These washrooms have accessible stalls, as well as change tables.
- If you require access to an adult size change table please ask our Visitor Entrance/Tollgate staff.
Village Access & Accessibility
- Accessible parking is located near the Spriet Family Visitor Centre and Heritage Village Entrance.
- A drop-off circle is located in front of the Heritage Village Entrance for any drop-off or pick-up needs from the village.
- General admission is free for support workers when accompanying their clients.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is served by London-Para Transit.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is an outdoor museum that tells the story of rural communities and the founding of the City of London. As such, there are uneven roadways and paths throughout the village.
- When you enter there is a slow grade sloped path from the Tollgate into the Heritage Village. There are accessible pathways and ramps into the majority of our buildings.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available for use at our Visitor Entrance/Tollgate.
How to Find Us
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is located inside Fanshawe Conservation Area in London, Ontario. Enter at 1424 Clarke Road and follow the Orange Directional Signs.
- Upon entering Fanshawe Conservation Area please let the conservation area tollgate attendant know you are visiting Fanshawe Pioneer Village and they will direct you to the museum.
- Enter 1424 Clarke Road into your GPS or use it as your destination when creating a Google Map.
- Free parking!
- The large parking lot can easily accommodate school buses and campers.
- Accessible parking is located next to the Spriet Family Visitor Centre and Heritage Village Visitor Tollgate.
Where to Stay
The second floors of heritage homes will not be accessible in 2020. Please try out our Fanshawe 360 Experience to explore the upper floors of our buildings or those that may not be fully accessible.